Skip to content

Current International Students

International students that are currently enrolled at Governors State University, or that have recently completed their programs, can check here for important information about registration, employment, travel and relevant topics.

Registration Requirements Employment International Travel
  • International students should read the information on this page before traveling outside the United States.
Update to Address/Information Student Letters
  • The Office of International Services (OIS) writes letters for students that they will need throughout their stay in the United States.
Change of Status
  • The Office of International Services (OIS) helps individuals that will be applying for a change of their immigration status to F-1 student status in the United States.
Program Extension
  • There are options available to extend the length of stay for international students in order to complete their academic program.
  • Please reference this section if you will be departing from Governors State University.